Thursday, July 23, 2009

Success is a state of mind

We all have rough days, no doubt... and sometimes they can be to the point you begin making excuses for why you DON'T have to do something, or why TOMORROW is a much more opportune time. Sometimes it is completely unavoidable and in fact you will not be able to do what it is you set out to do, but when your just sitting around making excuses simply because they exist, well, your not being serious about what you want. A lot of people will say that fitness begins in the kitchen, but I would have to say that the true source of power comes from your mind. I know that most of you probably think about food, exercise and what you have to do later pretty much 24/7... I know that it is never off your mind. I know because I am the exact same way, and I know just how exhausting it can be. I guarantee that whatever your making an excuse for, right now, is complete bullshit. You can actually do whatever it is you need to do to get the job done and you damn well know it just like I do. It starts in your head, and there is no way around that, so just make the decision to do it. Your going to feel better, live better, and overall just be better.

When you don't want to do it, do it. That is the weapon of this war.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a poem I read a long time ago which says the same thing that has stuck in my head. The whole poem is positive in verbiage, but the last line sums it up, "Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man (or woman), but soon or late the one who wins is the one who thinks he can."

Action Jackson said...

True words bro.