Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well, crisis avoided

Sorry about the late post. I've had a pretty insane 48 hours. You know, I was waiting for this to happen, one of those days or weekends when everything is just completely overwhelming and keeping to my rules and workouts becomes an even greater challenge.

Yesterday (Sunday) I woke up around 12. I ran a bunch of errands and did some homework, and got home around 8pm. I had the first portion of a final project due in a class I, for lack of better explanation, need to do better in. Needless to say I wanted to do well. Problem was, I needed to do an interview with my roommate for the project. Well, my roommate didn't come home. And then he still didn't come home. And then, he didn't come home some more. Turns out he was out with friends all night, and didn't get back until 4am. I had to stay up and wait for him to come home, perform the interview, and then basically do the rest of the entire project. I was up until about seven, and then realized I didn't have all of the materials I needed to finish the project. So I had to go down to kroger, were I had to stand outside for half an hour waiting for them to open so I could get the things I needed. I ended up finishing the project around 8am, and I had class at 11. So, I didn't get to sleep, didn't get to eat breakfast or lunch, and as son as I came home, collapsed into a subconscious stupor. I woke up around 10:30, and still hadn't done my Monday workout.

I laid there for about 15 minutes, contemplating if I really wanted to get up and do my workout. And then, I don't know what it was, but I knew I just had to do it or I wouldn't have been able to live with myself. So, I did it, and honestly the hardest part of the entire thing was getting up, laying on the bench, and putting my arms on the bar. The rest was history, and afterwards I made myself a "very" late dinner. And now, here I am. Despite everything I'm happy with what I was able to accomplish today. Day like today are the reason why I know my eventual success is rooted, and also why it is so important to keep honest with myself. I guess the point is, excuses are sometimes good, but every once in awhile, you just have to bite the bullet and do what you gotta do. I feel great now, and even though my Monday was crap otherwise, it has gotten me ready for the week.


2 cups Mixed Veggies, 1tbsp butter

Calories: 150g
Calories from fat: 0g
Fat: 0g
Saturated fat: 0g
Carbohydrates: 28g
Fiber: 6g
Sugars: 10g
Protein: 2g

Butter (1 tbsp)

Calories: 80g
Calories from fat: 80g
Fat: 9g
Saturated fat: 2g
Carbohydrates: 0g
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 0g


Tv dinner, Glazed Chicken

Calories: 250g
Calories from fat: 25g
Fat: 3g
Saturated fat: 0.5g
Carbohydrates: 46g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 8g
Protein: 10g


Grand Total:

Calories: 480g
Calories from fat: 105g
Fat: 12g
Saturated fat: 2.5g
Carbohydrates: 74g
Fiber: 7g
Sugars: 18g
Protein: 12g

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog! I'm curious, why are you only eating 450-800 calories a day? The normal required intake for a man of your age would be about 2500-3000, right?

Aren't you worried that your metabolism will slow down and your body will learn to get by on 500 kcals, thereby making it harder and harder to lose weight? I don't mean to offensive, it just seems like so little to get a healthy body on!

Ron said...

Thanks for leaving me that workout website in your comment on my blog.