Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 1: Hilton Head Challenge, Complete

Ah, my first full day at HH is over... and it was a great one. This morning me and the rent's went to the grocery store, from which I was able to stockpile all my food for the week... which is great. After we got back, I walked over to the basketball court and shot some hoops for about 20 minutes... and in the 90 degree, 100% humidity, it was quite strenuous. I came back to the condo, took a nap, and then it was off to dinner for fathers day. We went to the Aqua grill, and despite the many temptations I was able to find something on the menu to fit my requirements. I had 7 grilled shrimp, about half a cup of green beans, and maybe a quarter cup of rice. I only ate about half the rice they gave me, but it's pretty hard to judge the exact amount as I don't often make rice and it it smaller before you cook it. And I had a diet coke/water to drink... which was definitely the hardest par what with my entire family drinking gallons of alcohol all around me. And, I said no to the bread. It was suprisingly a very filling meal... probably because I've been eating such small portions as of late. Then we came home, chillaxed for a bit, and Dad opened his Father's Day gifts... I got him the Die Hard Quadilogy, and he was mucho pleased. Then around 9, I headed over to the gym and did another 30 minutes of elliptical, just to keep pace with what I do during the week. The machine said I burned something like 450 calories over the course of 2.75 miles... but I don't know if that is entirely accurate. I was sweatin', thats for sure. And as this was my second night, I saw the same guy in the gym as last night. Though I can't remember his name, he plans to be there tomorrow too so at least I will have someone to talk to during my workouts this week... which should make things easier. Anyways, tomorrow is chest and abs, and hopefully another perfect day of eating. I sat down and did the math today, and I have to eat roughly 2300 calories or less if I want to weigh 185 pounds by September 24th. It's a pretty big goal (2.7 ppw) but I think with enough effort and focus, especially with my construction job, it is attainable. I will make it. And I'm doing Jared's 60 day missouri challenge, unfortunatly I have no way of uploading the picutes I have taken this past week, but I do have my camera here and will continue to do so until I get home, at which time I will upload every day since the 15th. High point of the day: The guy I met at the gym thought I weighed 190 pounds. YEAH, right. I'm 222 give or take (I weighed myself at night, after I ate) which I know is terrible of me... but still he thought I looked 32 pounds lighter than I actually am. Rock on. Well... time for bed. Good luck this week everyone, make it a great one!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Quadrilogy made me giggle for some reason.

Way to go on the eating out! It's so hard to say no when all that good stuff is all around. You did awesome :)

South Beach Steve said...

It really sounds like you did great at the restaurant. It is hard to resist the bread and alcohol period, but it is really hard when everyone around you is enjoying it. The workout looks good too - keep it up!